So the Texas Thug is at the body shop having it’s “Trailer Rash” fixed, paint touched up, a better job on the bumpers, and to paint the underside of the hood. I’ll be picking it up tomorrow.
The underside of Screaming Woody has been scraped, sanded, and scuffed.
Painting starts tomorrow. The sheet metal in silver POR15 and frame and cross braces in gloss black POR15. The rear end and 4-link has been disassembled, cleaned, and scuffed. They’ll be painted in gloss red. Hopefully, rear suspension to Screaming Woody will be re installed by end of the month.
My race in Norwalk last month ended before the first round of Eliminations when the new MSD starter fragged trying to start the car to go to the lanes. I thought I’d try MSD, but I’m back to Powermaster after driving cross country to break this way.
Naturally, you can’t buy a cast nose to fit it.
Cleaning up some lightweight work in last week:
- Pulled the Slant 6 from my 1960 Plymouth. Going to clean and paint under the hood, and then a pretty bad-assed Low Deck and 4-speed will find their new home there.
- 1981 Imperial was tuned up and AC fixed. Next week I hope to have buffed out the paint and take photos to list for sale.
- 1958 Dodge pickup had its throw out bearing replaced and clutch linkage repaired. It too will have it’s paint buffed out, glamour photos taken, and listed for sale.
- Recovered the seats on the golf cart a couple of months ago. Making a cushion back, for the top cushion of the back seat, to hide the seams and staples.
- Greased the bearings on the stacker.
- Cleaned and repacked bearings on open trailer
- Cleaned, repacked bearings, and installed new seals on enclosed trailer.
- Mowed 5 acres today
- Took 17.5″ Stacker tire to Discount Tire to use their cage to inflate and let beads seat
Tomorrow I drive through Tropical Storm Gordon to bring back “The Thug” at Randy’s from Louisiana. Have some work to do to get it ready for the Indy race later in the month. Much of the next few weeks will be spent getting the Vitamin C, 81 Imperial, 78 Magnum, 2014 F150 and 58 pickup ready to list for sale. And as previously stated, hope to have underside of the Screaming Woody finished this month.